Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Chicken Salad

Here it is, my chicken salad!  Now, this is not my mother's delicious chicken salad.  Her recipe is nearly impossible to replicate!  This is my own concoction.  I like my chicken salad a little dry and with lots of crunchy additives!  Of course like anything else I ever post, tweak it to your liking!


Chicken Salad

1 whole chicken chopped (roasted or boil your own)  
1 cup    mayo
1/4 cup mustard
1 tsp.    salt
pepper to taste
1/2 cup dried cranberries
2-3 stalks of celery (including celery leaves)
1 small granny smith apple

Directions:

-finely chop the chicken and dice the celery and apple.
-add mayo, mustard, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and whisk together.
-add diced chicken, celery, apple and dried cranberries to mixture and combine.

I think the flavor of the chicken salad is the best if it sits in the fridge for a day.  Serve on a bun of your choice, or it's great in lettuce cups for a low carb option, or in a wrap with tomato and lettuce! 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment